We are very proud to launch our first mental wellbeing product this week. We know that Mind-Matters can make a real difference to people’s lives, providing support and guidance to navigate difficult times. We will also be launching a campaign to encourage employers to consider their employees’ mental health and put practical measures in place that will help build resilience. Which, of course, begs the question, what are we doing here at Lime? We are so glad you asked.
We are a small, passionate team here at Lime, we like to think we are a bit of a family. Some of the measures described below have been part of our DNA right from the start (like flexibility and working from home), others are new following discussions with the experts we’ve been working with to bring Mind-Matters to life!
- Flexibility – our team works from home, so there is built-in flexibility. We understand that if someone needs a couple of hours to deal with a personal issue they can go ahead, take the time and catch up with work later.
- Trust – we trust people to do their jobs the way that works best for them. If that means working 9-5 then that’s great, but if not that’s fine too. If someone works better in the early mornings then why not work 7-3?
- Time off when needed – if someone has a day off, they have a day off. We don’t encourage checking of emails or working out of hours or on holiday.
- Daily check in – since we work remotely and are spread all over the country it could be difficult to create a sense of team. We therefore have a short daily full team meeting where we can each talk about what we’ve got on that day and identify anything we might need some help with. We do our best to encourage an open dialogue.
- Named Wellbeing & Resilience Champion and Mental Health First Aider – we’ve recently named our Head of Comms, Lucy Hussey as Lime’s Wellbeing & Resilience Champion which means she will be responsible for keeping an eye on mental wellbeing and resilience levels at Lime! We’ve booked her on a Mental Health First Aid course and look forward to seeing the impact of this on our team.
- Mental wellbeing survey – on the advice of our expert partners, we’re awaiting the results of our first ever Lime team mental wellbeing survey, which will help us to better shape our wellbeing and resilience support.
- Meditation & breathing exercises – The whole team has access to short, guided meditation and breathing exercises designed to relieve stress and promote energy. We encourage our team to take a few minutes out of their day to do one of these exercises, especially if it’s been “one of those days”.
- Access to Mind-Matters – And of course, we’ve offered our team the chance to become members of Mind-Matters, meaning they have 24/7 access to the Resilience Checker to keep an eye on their mental wellbeing as well as the Resilience Support Line’s fully qualified counsellors and specialist experts to talk whenever they need a listening ear.
We don’t pretend to have all the answers, but we promise to keep mental wellbeing firmly on the agenda at Lime and we will continue to reflect and listen to the team to make sure everyone feels fully supported to be the best that they can be.